3-D Printers for Libraries (Library Technology Reports)
- How fused deposition modeling (FDM) printing work
- Basic terminology such as build plate, spool, nozzle hot end, direct extruder, and Bowden extruder
- Plastics used, such as ABS, PLA, and others
- Descriptions, price ranges, and filament specs for 3-D printers from MakerBot, Printrbot, Solidoodle, and other manufacturers
- Suggested staff skills for performing basic maintenance tasks
- Where to find both ready-to-use designs and the software for customizing, from beginning to advanced systems
Jason Griffey is the founder and principal consultant at Evenly Distributed, a technology consulting firm for libraries and education. He has written extensively on libraries and technology, most recently a chapter in The Top Technologies Every Librarian Needs to Know: A LITA Guide. His previous book, Mobile Technology and Libraries, is a part of the award-winning Tech Set series. Named a Library Journal Mover & Shaker in 2009, he has written and spoken internationally on topics such as the future of technology and libraries, personal electronics in the library, privacy, copyright, and intellectual property. He is the designer and director of The LibraryBox Project, an open source portable digital file distribution system.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
- PDF | 32 pages
- Amer Library Assn (July 28, 2014)
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home
PDF Books World offers free eBooks on fiction, non-fiction, academic, textbooks and children's categories for download in high quality PDF format.
Download ebook 3-D Printers for Libraries (Library Technology Reports) by Language: English : pdf - djvu - online : eBooks for Free.
|The message text*:|
Mongolia Economic Retrospective 2008-2010 [World Bank Studies] by World Bank [World Bank Publications,2010]